• Home
  • Downloads
  • Return to Portal
  • Passes & Permits

    National Forests and Grasslands throughout the USDA Forest Service’s Northern Region will continue to offer free personal use permits for firewood, mushroom, and Christmas tree harvesting in 2021. Free use permits can be obtained by contacting your local Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests office. Please click here for office contact information.

    The Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests manage resources to meet sustainable resource management objectives. Management protects natural resource values, public health and safety, and is consistent with the forest land and resource management plans outlined in the Forest Plan. In order to meet these objectives, permits may be required for the occupancy and use of Forest Service land. Additionally, passes assist in funding certain management projects.

    Click the below links to learn more about required permits for Recreation, Forest Products, and Special Forest Products. You can also find more information on our Passes & Permits webpage.